About Master Communicator
The IABC Canada Master Communicator Award (MC) is a lifetime achievement award and is the highest honor IABC Canada can bestow on an individual member. The Award recognizes outstanding Canadian communicators whose work has brought credit to IABC, the profession, their organization or clients, and whose contributions have raised the standards of organizational communication in Canada. Eligibility To be considered for selection, a nominee must be a member of IABC, a resident of Canada, and either accredited or certified by IABC. The following are not eligible for nomination:
- Current members of a regional board
- Members of the IABC international board within the past two years, and
- Current IABC staff members (local, regional or international)
Selection criteria The supporting material must demonstrate how the nominee fulfills the following selection criteria:
- Contribution to the organizational communication field and profession – The selection committee needs to understand how the nominee’s achievements have had s a positive and direct impact - including teaching, mentoring and coaching – and evidence of commitment to professionalism.
- Communication career achievement – The selection committee will be looking for communication-related career achievements with demonstrable results, scope of responsibilities, advancements, years in the field, education level, and influence on students, clients and others.
- Authorship, speaking and lecturing – The nominee should be directly responsible for articles, books, columns, research papers, speeches, seminars, workshops and other examples that demonstrate sustained leadership in one or more areas of expertise.
- Contributions to IABC – How has the nominee contributed to chapter, regional and international board and committee activity, made presentations to chapters and regions, written articles for Communication World and other IABC publications and initiatives?
- Other – This includes professional recognition, awards, citations, honours, community activities and other business-related activities.
The selection committee consists of six Master Communicators, including the past chair, the chair and two representatives from each region. To nominate someone First, read Tips on How to Prepare a Master Communicator Nomination. Members must be nominated by three IABC members, and the nominee must review the nomination materials and sign the nomination form. Send the completed nomination form and all supporting documentation as one electronic document (PDF) to Eric Bergman, 2014 Chair, Master Communicators Selection Committee, at email@example.com. The deadline for nominations is October 31, 2014. 2014-Master Communicator-Nomination-Form Sponsored by CNW.