IABC 2012 Canada Business Communicators Summit
Nov. 1-3, 2012
Brought to you by IABC Canada East Region.
Pre-Conference Workshops, November 1, 2012
Silver Leaf Gala and Awards, November 1, 2012
Conference, November 2 – 3, 2012
At Fairmont Chateau Laurier, 1 Rideau Street, Ottawa, Ontario (To obtain the special Fairmont IABC Conference Rate, tell the hotel you are Booking for the IABC Conference.)
Trends 2013: Get insights into what’s coming. Get ahead of your competitors and boost your career. Get your toolkit ready.
Keynotes, panels, workshops and breakout sessions will present business, consumer, public sector, non-profit and employee communication fundamentals, with new insights and in context to emerging trends and technologies.
Register by October 11, 2012 to take advantage of the early bird rate.
Check highlights below for a quick overview and search the navigation menu (right column) to explore the summit in more detail.
- Opening Keynote: The Big Shift – Understanding Communications in the New Canada –Dr. Darrell Bricker, CEO, Ipsos Global Public Affairs(Day 1)
- Privacy and Communications in Changing Times – Jennifer Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner, Canada (Day 1)
- The Year the Internet Fought Back – Dr. Michael Geist, Canada Research Chair of Internet and e-commerce Law, University of Ottawa (Day 2)
- Survival guide to the new social workspace
- The 10 most powerful questions in strategic communications
- Quick and painless ways to add multimedia
- Career planning for communicators
- How to successfully launch brands in Quebec
More information on workshops
- Inside our Prime Minister’s strict controls on media relations
- Lessons from London Olympics 2012
- Communicating during Crises
- Power of Lego Strategic Play
- Personal Kanban: Be less busy and more effective (with sticky notes!)
- The Impact of the Third Screen on Communications& lots more
- … and lots more
Conference Day 1 agenda
Conference Day 2 agenda
- Government Relations and the state of lobbying
- Social by Design (from healthy living to human rights)
Registration rates for the conference and pre-conference workshops are provided below.
Register Now to take advantage of early bird rate, extended to October 11!
IABC 2012 Canada Summit speakers will equip you with provocative, actionable information and success stories that you can apply to your business. You’ll leave with timely ideas, insights and tools, as well as new connections from networking with top communicators.
Plan now to join us November 1 – 3, 2012 in Ottawa: a world-class city of historic sights, the picturesque Rideau Canal, expansive museums, unique shopping and fabulous restaurants dine around.